One of the joys of Rochester, NY is that you never quite know what the weather will do! In any event, when Winter decides to come back, and it will, you’ll be ready with our updated Winter In Penfield NY guide!
Do you want to build a Snowman?
Yes, indeed, you can have some frozen fun. Here are some great tips from BoundaryFence.com on how to build a great snowman:
- Make sure you have the right amount of moisture. Not too wet. Not to dry.
- Just above freezing or just below is perfect snowman temperature
- Pack just the right snow ball to get started.
- Roll it sideways, forwards, and all around to make sure it gets packed evenly.
- Small, medium and large giant snowballs and you’re good to start stacking.
Sound too complicated? You can watch the pros build all sorts of things at the 32nd Annual Lakeside Winter Celebration at Ontario State Park in February.
Or, you could go ice fishing in Rochester, NY. Greece, Irondequoit, Webster and Mendon have the popular spots when it comes to fishing in a winter wonderland.
Sledding/snow tubing anyone? Check out these great spots all around Rochester. Rochester Kids Out and About also lists some great places to cross country ski and snow shoe. (If the shoe fits, why not try it?)
How cold is too cold though? Take into account the temperature and the windchill. (It just makes sense when you live in Rochester, NY to have a go-to weather person. Get Doppler Radar, A Weatherbug, or AccuForecast App but get the numbers you need. We don’t know who Tom is exactly, but apparently he just wrote a guide to the 12 best Weather Apps, so we thought we’d pass it along!
Even if you don’t go outside, it’s important to keep warm when you’re inside. We also found 12 Toasty Tips from MentalFloss.com Here are a few of our favorites:
- Switch between hot and cold water in the shower. (who knew!)
- Turn the ceiling fan on its lowest setting.
- Layer your covers with the thinnest on top
Find out the other 9 tips here.
Looking for some great winter activities in Penfield?
Penfield Recreation– Happy trails to you! So many to enjoy, even in the winter!
Wishing you had a home with a fireplace and bigger yard? We can help! Contact our trusted loan officer Mike Monile, who’ll crunch your numbers and let’s get started!