I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream in Penfield NY! It’s true. While I know it is probably more cost effective to go into the local grocery store and buy a half gallon, it doesn’t taste the same. I’m serious. There’s something about going out for ice cream that makes it taste better. Some will say that ice cream isn’t healthy, but research says there are some benefits. ( I have also taken the liberty to add a few)
5 Reasons to Eat Ice Cream Today
- Despite the cream and sugar, it has other good stuff like calcium, potassium and vitamin B.
- It might even help you lose weight!
- July is National Ice Cream Month and July 20th is National Ice Cream Day. It’s good to support some of these other national holidays. ( June is Fight the Filthy Fly month. Just not sure I can get behind that one. )
- You haven’t really had a good season, until the coach takes you out for ice cream.
- When you buy ice cream at your local ice cream shop you are supporting small business!
Here’s 3 Places to Check Out!
Maxie’s In Penfield
Wickham Farm Market:
Speaking of farm markets, Wickham Farms has 32 flavors to choose from, not to mention batting cages, minature golf, animals to meet and antique tractors. You’ll have a chance to work off your ice cream!
Bruster’s Real Ice Cream
It’s just around the corner in Webster, but worth the drive, especially since they just added their new summer flavors which they make on site! From their website:
While we’ve come a long way from those early days, we adhere to the guiding principles that have made Bruster’s the revered brand that it is today. For example, we continue to make all our desserts, such as our cakes, pies, and waffle cones, as well as our ice creams, right in the store where they’re served.
They make many flavors and usually have at least 24 on hand. You can sign up for a favorite flavor alert text so you know when they have it on hand!
If you would like to know more about the area ice cream shops, or if you would like to live in one of these areas, contact us today! Not only do we love ice cream, we love real estate and supporting local businesses!Read More