Tips to Keep Organized for School
The school buses are rolling. Maybe your head is spinning from all the paperwork your students have brought home to be filled in and sent back. (It’s not possible to fail school forms, is it? ) Maybe there is a part of all of us that is still on summer vacation. Fear not. We are back with tips to keep organized for school.
Once you have all those fancy pants supplies, you’ll need to keep them organized. And it’s not just the supplies, it is the endless supply of papers and forms that will come home and find their way into a clutter vortex never to be seen again. Backpacks need a place to rest, schedules need to be seen. What to do? Pinterest has some awesome ideas! In fact, they have over 1000 which is crazy overwhelming. Our link focuses on how to store backpacks. Start there and then take the next best step! Be creative and be sure to add a splash of color!
Time and Space matter
A. Create good study habits
1. Study at the same time each day so that it becomes a habit.
2. Set aside blocks of study time (about 45 minutes each).
3. Keep your study area just for studying and get rid of distractions.
B. Make a Plan and Stick to It
1. Schedule your fixed commitments. Block out time for papers, projects, readings, meetings, scheduled exams, holidays, breaks, presentations, etc.
Allot time for planned recreation, sports, club activities, etc.
Enter important dates for your social and family life.
Leave free time for yourself so you have flexibility.
2. Make a Weekly Schedule. Once a week block out time on a more detailed level for important commitments and deadlines you need to meet. Schedule meetings with yourself to work on back-burner items.
3. Make a Daily To-Do List. At the end of each day organize and schedule your next day. Include routines, errands, and study time.
Be sure to read the rest of the article from Time Management Made Easy for even more great tips.
Pack a Healthy Lunch and Snacks
Yes, there are some great school lunches and it’s convenient to have an account and add to the balance online but the brown paper bag is not dead, or the Vera Bradley lunch bag for that matter. We found 50 cool lunch ideas from Food.com. Not only will you save money, you’ll make your child’s day by sticking a note inside.
Regardless of what route you take, healthy after school snacks that are easy to make are a must! Having a bowl of fruit just doesn’t cut it. Here are some snacks that kids can make themselves from Pillsbury.com.
Have some family fun!
There’s a harvest of fall fun to be had at some of the local farms. As schedules change, and it’s back to the daily routine, don’t forget to schedule time to play. Adults, this means you too! If you are looking for an awesome field trip of your own, there are many adventures in the fall along the Finger Lakes Wine trail and many of the wineries include activities for the kids!
Penfield is a lively town, located on the southern tip of Irondequoit Bay and just outside of the City of Rochester. Follow this blog to discover more of what our town has to offer; from great local businesses to awesome events, we'll cover it all!
Courtney Dudek Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Never miss a thing! Subscribe and have new posts sent right to your inbox!